Jessica Alba is 35 years old and she is a mother of two children. Gorgeous actress and model looks amazing, youthful and fit! What are Jessica Alba diet and exercise secrets? You should read this piece to figure out how Jessica keeps herself in such a good shape. Learn more about the Jessica Alba diet and exercise!
Jessica Alba Diet
What do you have to eat to lose and maintain weight like gorgeous actress? Jessica follows a strict diet to be thin and fit. Follow these tips:
- Jessica cooks for herself and for her family, as she likes fresh and natural food, instead of processed.
- The actress doesn’t use a microwave and avoids salty foods. If she is craving for something salty, she eats almonds, rice crackers or dried seaweed.
- Jessica avoids sugary foods! Follow this tip and opt for berries, like fresh strawberries or cherries.
- According to the magazine Women’s Health: “Despite her dislike of exercise, she did follow Ramona’s 3-2-1 Baby Bulge Be Gone (interesting name) to get in shape. The diet involves three meals, two snacks and one liter of water per day.” This diet was created by Ramona Braganza, a Hollywood fitness trainer. Ramona recommends you eating more such foods as: Low carbohydrate vegetables, chicken breast, eggs, tuna, lean beef, brown rice, nuts, whole wheat bread, legumes, balsamic vinegar, and fruits.
- Jessica Alba eats a lot of lean proteins, fresh vegetables and good carbs. She eats fruits in moderation, as they contain a lot of sugar.
- The gorgeous actress always eats breakfast! Her standard breakfast meals are cottage cheese or an egg-white omelet and fruit.
- Jessica eats salad for lunch, vegetables with chicken or fish for dinner and dried fruits or yogurt during the day.
- The actress eats small portions of food. According to a journal International Business Times (IBTimes), Jessica Alba revealed: “I have a hard time with portion control, so I have 1,200-calorie meals delivered.”
- Beautiful Jessica drinks a lot of water during the day to keep herself hydrated and to boost her metabolism.
Follow these diet tips and you will get rid of extra pounds! The nutrition plan of Jessica is healthy and suitable for everyone. Why not to try the Jessica Alba diet and exercise?
Jessica Alba Exercise
The actress doesn’t like to exercise as she easily gets bored by it, however, according to her trainer Ramona Braganza “she appreciates the benefits that exercise provides her.” Interested to learn more about Jessica Alba workout plan? Follow these tips:
- Jessica includes strength training and cardio, like spinning or jogging, in her workout plan.
- The actress enjoys practicing yoga once in a while.
- According to Women’s Health, Jessica revealed that she likes doing dance classes: “That’s fun. Like hip hop class, mixed with like core Pilates-type exercises.”
- She likes to take a walk and play with her kids! This helps her to stay physically active.
- How often does Jessica exercise? According to the fashion magazine Glamour (UK), she tries to exercise every day for 30 -45 minutes: “I start out on the treadmills or elliptical machine for 10 to 15 minutes to get my heart rate up to 180 beats per minute. Then I do 50 lunges and crunches. Next I get back on the machine for another 10 minutes. Then I work on shoulders, biceps and triceps. I do that nonstop for four sets.”
- Jessica uses light dumbbells, 3 lbs. For best results, you can use heavier weights!
- As mentioned, she gets bored at the gym. She reveals what distracts her: “In the gym, I have like five things to distract me: TV, iPod, magazines. Workout partners are good too, so you can chat and not just drown in your own misery.” (IBTimes)
- According to a fashion magazine InStyle, the best advice of Jessica’s trainer Ramona is to push yourself: “If you don’t feel the intensity then you’re not pushing yourself. If you’re on your own, use a heart rate monitor to make sure you’re training in the zone.” Jessica uses strapless Omron HR-210. Also, Ramona adds that it is extremely important to be physically active most days: you should take a walk or workout at home for 20 minutes daily.
Follow these Jessica Alba diet and exercise tips and look like a Hollywood star!
So what are these (as we like to call them)
Jessica Alba Diet Products
that lead to many stunning celebrity transformations?
If you watch TV or read the news, you’ve possibly seen or heard about a celebrity weight loss supplement touted as the “secret”, and absolutely safe (because it’s natural!) alternative. Well, today it’s a secret no longer because we’re here to tell you all about it.
A very real and significant concern when losing weight is how you’ll look. You could end up with sags and bags, or you could end up lean and buff. If your body shrinks in size as you lose weight without the skin area also “shrinking,” you could end up with loose skin hanging around your upper arms, waist, stomach, and other areas. By the time you attain your ideal size, the only solution for tightening up your skin is plastic surgery.
The Jessica Alba Diet Story – Avoid Weight-Loss Sagging
You can avoid sagging skin by starting strength training now and continue throughout your weight-loss program and beyond as you maintain your new size. That way, your skin will shrink along with the rest of you. By the time you attain your ideal size, new people you meet will have no idea that you were ever overweight. Why? Because your skin will fit your body. Do this with strength training.
The Jessica Alba Diet Story – Stamina, Energy, and Strength Training
You want quick results in losing weight, and you can achieve them with strength training. After only three months of two hour-long strength-training sessions a week, your body will become smaller. Your waist will be smaller, as will your upper arms, and your stomach will be flatter.
You only need to do two sessions of strength training a week. If you feel really ambitious, you can do three, but don’t do any more than that. Strength training causes small tears in the fibers of your muscles. This is good, because as they repair on your “off” days the muscles become stronger and tighter. If you do strength training every day, your muscles won’t have time to rebuild between sessions.
The Jessica Alba Diet Story – Strength Training Approaches
- Free weights.
Very popular, easy to use, widely available. Start with 2- to 3-pound weights and add weight as your body adapts to the weight.
- Stretch tubing.
A stretchy thin tube with handles on each end. Resembles a jump rope. You can purchase in several levels of resistance.
- Flex band.
A long, wide, stretchy band used for resistance training.
- Ankle and wrist weights.
Strap them on for resistance as you do strengthening exercises.
- Body bar.
A long, weighted bar used for resistance training. May or may not have additional removable weights on either end.
- A big inflated ball on which to do exercises. Seems innocent enough, but provides really challenging strength-training exercise.
- Magic circle.
A circular handheld ring, about 15 inches in diameter with handles across from each other. By compressing the circle with legs, arms, and other body parts, you can get quite a workout.
- Pilates classes and equipment.
An exercise method that creates long, lean, and strong muscles, plus very strong abs and terrific posture.
- Exercise machines.
Set the resistance of the machines to match your strength levels.
- Power-pump classes.
Lift weights while you keep pace with the music.
Muscle weighs more than fat. Because of this, a person with higher muscle mass could weigh more, and yet wear a smaller size. In addition to using your weight as a measure of attaining your ideal size, take into account your body fat percentage.
Having a higher body fat percentage brings with it significant health risks including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and autoimmune disorders.
When you have your body fat tested at a health club or at a health practitioner’s, you’ll receive a reading of body fat, water, and muscle percentages. All three add up to 100 percent. Assuming that the amount of water weight remains almost constant for each individual, the variables are body fat and muscle. The more muscle you have, the less body fat you have (and vice versa).
Here are ideal body fat percentages:
- Up to age 20: 14-21 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 17-27 percent
- Age 50+: 20-30 percent
- Up to age 20: 9-15 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 14-21 percent
- Age 50+: 19-23 percent
Understanding Body Fat
In body fat measurements, lower is usually best, but don’t go below the recommended guidelines. A person must have at least some body fat to be healthy. Fat pads internal organs such as the kidneys, and it also offers protection against cold weather. For women, the minimum recommended fat percentage is 12 percent. If a woman has less, her menstrual cycles could cease. Men must have a minimum of 5 percent to stay healthy.
Improving Your Muscles
By doing strength-training exercises for two to three hours a week, you can reduce your body fat percentage by as much as 10 percentage points within six months.
Having less body fat and more muscle gives you more energy, higher stamina, more muscle definition, and a higher metabolism. This means you’ll burn through calories faster and can eat more food without gaining weight.